Inflammation occurs when the body’s white blood cells work to protect it from infections and other foreign substances. Arthritis is one of the conditions that commonly associated with inflammation. Two of the most common symptoms that are associated with inflammation are redness and painful and swollen joints. Patients who have severe inflammation may also suffer from fevers, headaches and loss of appetite.
It is important to note that inflammation can occur in other parts of the body. When then the muscles of the heart become inflamed, a condition called myocardititis occurs. Nephritis is a condition that causes inflammation of the kidneys. Colitis is inflammation of the intestines and this can lead to stomach problems such as diarrhea and nausea.
People who suffer from this condition should make sure that visit their doctors so that they can get the appropriate inflammation treatment. The type of inflammation treatment that the doctor prescribes depends on the severity of the condition.
Patients who find that their condition is aggravated by certain activities most likely will be advised to reduce or modify those activities. Anti-inflammatory medications are another inflammation treatment option. Physical therapy has also been proven to be very effective for inflammation reduction in the joints.
Patients who suffer from inflammation that is caused by an autoimmune disease may be prescribed a different type of medication. Corticosteroids and non-steroid inflammatory drugs are two classes of medication that a doctor may prescribe to treat this condition. Doctors also monitor closely to make sure that patients respond to the inflammation treatment.
- Healthy Diet: A healthy lifestyle has also been proven to be very effective for inflammation reduction. Diet is one of the key players in successful inflammation treatment. Foods that are processed, high in sodium, sugar or refined sugars have been shown to cause inflammation. Reducing one’s intake of these foods can go along way in inflammation reduction.
- Elimination of Food Allergies: Many people have allergies to foods that contain eggs, nuts, milk and wheat and do not know it. A person should eliminate these foods from his or her diet for a few days. If he or she notices, inflammation reduction that may indicate that a food allergy was the cause of the inflammation.
- Stay Hydrated: A person should also make sure that he or she loads up on the healthy foods. Fresh fruits, vegetables and fish contain have been shown to be effective for inflammation reduction. Those foods are high in the omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants that help prevent inflammation from occurring. Water should also be a part of an inflammation treatment regimen. Getting enough fluids helps keep the bodies cells and tissues healthy, which is what helps with inflammation reduction.
- Proper Sleep: People who suffer from inflammation also need to make sure that they get the proper rest. The activities that are necessary for everyday living can cause the muscles to break down, which can lead to inflammation. That is why getting the recommended 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night is very effective for inflammation reduction.
- Exercise: Exercise is needed for good overall health and it can also help inflammation reduction. Being physically active helps keep the circulatory system healthy. A healthy circulatory system helps clear out all of the toxins that can cause inflammation.
- Supplements May Be Necessary: Vitamins C, D, and E are the nutrients that are key players in inflammation treatment. These nutrients can easily be obtained by eating a healthy diet, but a person may want to consider taking supplements. These supplements cannot only treat inflammation, but they can also keep it from coming back. It is wise to consult with a doctor before taking any supplement.
Inflammation is something that many people suffer from, but fortunately it can be treated and prevented.